Saturday, September 3, 2011

10 Reasons Why I Love Being Your Mum

I got the idea of writing this list from a website when you were 10 weeks old (about a month ago) and I thought it would be nice to have it in a place were you can one day read it.

So here it is, 10 Reasons Why I Love Being Your Mum (obviously there are more but we'll narrow it down!!).


1. I love your beautiful smile, especially first thing in the morning when I look over your moses basket about to pick you up and you give me the most precious, warm smile that melts my heart every single morning and is the best thing to wake up to.



2. I love listening to you talk and coo at your 'friends' as I call them; your animals on your cot mobile. Even if I am in another room, it still makes me smile listening how excited and happy you are.



3. I love watching you with your dad, whether it be having a feed, getting your bum changed or just sitting on his knee. I love seeing how he is with you, I love seeing him in you and I love seeing how you both interact with each other; smiles, coos, chats, giggles...



4. I love watching you change every single day; growing up into a clever, handsome little boy. I love watching you getting stronger and more alert each day. I love how we pull tongues at each other. You are growing up so quickly, and although it scares me, I am loving watching you grow.



5. I love your kisses and having cuddles with you and how you always seem to fall asleep cuddled into my chest. I love how your eyes roll back and flicker and how you fight your sleep so much.



6. I love how you have changed me. You have made me see what life is really all about. You have made me realise what is important and what makes me truly happy. I feel like my life has such a huge purpose now you are in it. You have made me love your daddy even more than I thought possible. You have given me a family. A family I will always do my best for.



7. I love talking to your daddy about our future with you. I love the fact that we can get excited about you learning to walk, saying 'mama' and 'dada', your first day at school, family holidays...they give me butterflies because I am so excited.



8. I love picking you up when you’re still sleepy in the middle of the night and your body curls up into me. It makes me feel so protective of you. The way you cling your hands onto my neck and shoulders. It makes me not want to go back to sleep.



9. I love how loved you are. Watching your grandparents meeting you for the first time, seeing how perfect you are, choked me. Just seeing how much they love you and that we have provided them with such a happiness in you makes me smile.



10. I love being your mum because every single day I love you more and more. I love you more than I thought possible. You are beautiful, clever and your happiness makes me happy. I love your handsome face, your beautiful feet and your cheeky smile. I love the happiness you bring me and I will love and care for you, always.



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment